Friday, March 29, 2019

More Gibraltar The St Michael's Caves



The St. Michael’s Caves are one of the busiest tourist attractions in Gibraltar with over 1,000,000 visits a year. The rock is limestone and is worn away by rainwater. This forms caves with stalactites and stalagmites. Stalactites are attached to the ceiling and stalagmites are attached to the floor.

I remember seeing these on one of our trips to Florida as a child. It has always stayed in my memory, but this may be only the second time I have seen them. The cave is lit with coloured lights making photography difficult. I did my best and will show them to you, but please don't expect much. It was really good when you are actually there.

The caves are at the top of the rock about 300 metres above sea level.








This is a video which I did. Once again it is not very good but I thought I would show it to you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are home now but do have a story to tell

Here we are leaving Pedras at about 10:30 Thursday April 11th. We went to Fatima then on to Lisbon. 8:30 Friday morning we got on to...