Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Monday was a busy day

First thing I did was meet the man who was to fix our heating 3 of our 4 units are working the 4th in Trish and my bedroom is not. We are OK with lots of blankets, but it would be good to get it working. The temperature goes as low as 48f or about 10c.

Then it was off to get a "bowling package" They rent 1 and 2 bedroom homes with bowling included but not 3 bedroom units. The result was they sold me a membership for my stay. I then went to the bowling rink to get woods. They call bowls woods here.

Peter Brown who is in charge of the bowling was very accommodating and got me a nice set of #2 woods, which is what I was using at RCYC. I then practiced for about 20 minutes while the 8 gentleman finished their games.

I then went to the golf course and bought a used cart for 20 Euros. I figure this is better then paying 6 euros each time I play. In the afternoon I played 18 holes. The first nine I was with an Austrian who lived in Ireland. On the 8th hole we were joined by a Brit and a Portuguese. I played the second nine with them. Today I am bowling if it does not rain.

I will leave you with some pictures of Benamor Golf Course.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We are home now but do have a story to tell

Here we are leaving Pedras at about 10:30 Thursday April 11th. We went to Fatima then on to Lisbon. 8:30 Friday morning we got on to...