Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Golfing in Spain


On Monday Ron Austin and I went to Spain and played Golf. We played at Costa Esuri. It was to be a development of over 2000 houses on the bank of the Guadiana river. There was to be shopping, homes, Swimming pools and 2 golf courses. When the depression of 2008 came it all fell apart.


There are several home completed and lived in. Along side are hundreds of partially completed homed and commercial properties. One of the golf courses was never built. The completed course is very nice with a driving range and club house. I walked and Ron rode in a cart.


I drove the ball really well, but nothing else worked. Ron also played very well but could not sink a put. I beat him, but we do not know by how much. Neither of us had the nerve to add up our scores. We have agreed to play again and I agreed to play with him in a St. Patricks Day Tournament at 
Benamor.


I also saw two sailboats cruising on the river.


Ron Austin




No comments:

Post a Comment

We are home now but do have a story to tell

Here we are leaving Pedras at about 10:30 Thursday April 11th. We went to Fatima then on to Lisbon. 8:30 Friday morning we got on to...