Friday, February 1, 2019

Thursday Jan 31, 2019

I was suppose to play with two women from Holland, but they were not in site so the starter sent me off with the group ahead. I played with a man from Sweden and a man and women from Finland. I think the Fins where married.

We got a very little sun, not much more rain and a lot of wind. I wore a golf sweater and was never cold. I played poorly on the first nine shooting 50. This after I pared the first whole. I showed signs of improving with bogies on the three last wholes, a par 5, 4, and 3.

The back nine was much better. I had a birdie and 4 pars for a 41. The combined score was 91. Much better then my first game and closer to the mid 80's where I believe I should be. Along with the birdie on #13 I had near misses for birdies on #10 and #17.

In two games I have played with people from Finland, Sweden, Austria/Ireland and Britain.

The course is built on a very interesting piece of land. I hope the pictures show the land conquers.

10th hole from the tee

10th tee from the green. If you look closely you can see my drive.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We are home now but do have a story to tell

Here we are leaving Pedras at about 10:30 Thursday April 11th. We went to Fatima then on to Lisbon. 8:30 Friday morning we got on to...